Products made from natural materials (cotton, linen, bamboo)
Having roots in the native community of Fort-Coulonge, Quebec, I also wanted to use a symbol that would represent this portion of my heritage. As totem poles are sacred monuments, created by First Nations communities to represent their tribes and families, I wanted to include this element in my business imagery.
Mini Totem was created with the goal of bringing together a community of mothers and women in order to support each other to better navigate in life and through the global pandemic that we are living, while raising our children. We have therefore designed beautiful functional items that will make your daily life easier. Motherhood may not be an easy journey, but it is the most rewarding journey in our opinion!
Also, since many Indigenous women face violence and discrimination, Mini Totem would like to donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of products to charities that help women.
So, you can be proud of your purchase, because 2% of our profits will be donated to the Canadian Women’s Foundation in order to be able to support women in need.
By purchasing products from Mini Totem, you are helping to create a community of women who support each other. Thank you for joining the Mini Totem tribe!
The design and creation of our products
- All products are designed in Quebec by a mother, for parents.
- All products are designed in Canada by our founder and ethically manufactured. We work with manufacturers who adhere to strict standards of fairness for their employees and we send inspectors to be our eyes since we currently cannot travel outside the country.
- Factories and factories have been inspected and we only work with factories that provide fair working conditions for their employees.
- Visit to manufacturers is done by a third-party to ensure good working conditions for employees.
- We are an eco-friendly company: we reduce over-packaging, use plastic bags made from recycled plastic when possible, textiles used for our sweaters are made in North America from processes that use 7x less water than the traditional way.
- All products are independently tested in factories and we perform our own tests to validate the quality and safety of our products.
- Safety is very important to our business and we adhere to the strictest standards of Health Canada. We only sell products that we would like to give to our children.
Mini Totem values
Mutual Aid and Community – We want to come to the aid of those who need it and support each other as a tribe of parents … We believe that it takes a village to raise a family!
Quality and Safety – We require tests on all our products to ensure their safety: by our manufacturers and by a third-party laboratory to meet Health Canada and FDA requirements.
All of the products we sell are products that we would use for ourselves and our family. The laboratories we deal with are also certified by CPSC (US) and CCPSC (Canada).
Customer Service – We want to create a great user experience with our products and remain available to listen to your comments and testimonials.
Passion – Mini totem is a project that comes from the heart and passion of its founder and this love is poured into all the products we create. We hope you like them as much as we do!
The Environment is more important than anything!
- We want to minimize packaging and only use “poly mailers” made from 100% recycled plastic to give plastic a second life and reduce our ecological footprint. Thanks to the installation of a second self-adhesive strip, you can reuse the bag for another shipment! Find out more: EcoEnclose 100% Recycled Ivory Poly Mailers
- We send our merchandise packaged in bulk to reduce the number of plastic bags used in our process by opting not to individually and unnecessarily wrap each item.
- We prepare your orders by hand and pack them in a unique plastic bag and made from recycled plastic. Learn more: EcoEnclose Recycled Clear Bags